What you need to know before you visit Studio Ki for your permanent make-up procedure.
Permanent cosmetics are an investment in yourself and will make your day to day life a little easier. Whether you have decided to get permanent lip colour, permanent eyeliner, microblading or powder brows you have come to the right place.
We feel it is our job at Studio Ki to not only create beautiful work on your skin but to also educate you and prepare you for your permanent makeup journey!
To get the best results from your appointment please review this page as well as the aftercare protocol before booking your appointment. The week before and after your treatment have some specific guidelines that will help ensure the best possible results for your skin.
What to know before my permanent lip blush, liner or brows?
Aftercare is extremely important when getting permanent cosmetics but you also need to make sure your skin is in prime condition BEFORE your visit! This list below is for all permanent make up procedure; Eyebrows, permanent lip colour or permanent eyeliner. For the best possible outcome for your procedure please make sure you review this list and ask any questions before you book your appointment.
Things to avoid before you come
- Drinking coffee or highly caffeinated drinks the day of your procedure- It blocks the anesthetic and prolongs bleeding
- Drinking alcohol 24 hours before your procedure this also impairs the numbing and increases bleeding
- Taking aspirin or ibuprofen 24 hours before your appointment, Tylenol is ok
- Working out the day of the procedure
- Tanning or burning your face in the sun or a tanning bed 2 weeks prior
- Waxing or tinting your brows 3 days before your appointment
- Taking fish oil or vitamin E one week before as they are natural blood thinners
- Getting botox 2 weeks before
- Having any type of facial or laser treatments 2 weeks prior
- Accutane for 6 months to 1 year prior
Permanent Lip Blush- AKA Lipstick
In addition to the list above there are a few other steps you need to take before getting your lips tattoo’d. The number one thing to know is DRY LIPS DO NOT tattoo! You need to have hydrated lips to get this procedure done!
- Hydrate your lips, dry chapped lips do not accept pigment easily
- Drink lots of extra water the week before to help moisturize your skin
- Moisturize and exfoliate your lips
- Lip injections must be avoided 3 months prior to having your lips tattoo’d
- Clients who suffer from Coldsores on their mouth must get a prescription for Valtrex before coming to the appointment. Please let your Dr know the date you will be having your lips done so he/she can get you the correct doses beforehand.
- Not all lip tones are good candidates for permanent lip colour. If you have darker skin on your lips you may be at risk for hypo or hyperpigmentation with a tattooing procedure. Please contact me to set up a consultation prior to booking your appointment as the booking deposit is non-refundable.
Permanent Eyeliner -Lash line enhancement.
- If you wear contact lenses please remove them before you come and wear your glasses instead. It is often difficult to put contacts back in directly after your appointment.
- Latisse and lash growth serums must be discontinued 6 week prior to your visit.
- It is recommended but not enforced that lash extension be removed before you visit.
Touch up’s are a part of your permanent make-up process, please expect to come back in 6-12 weeks for your perfecting appointment! Also make sure you check out our aftercare page so you know what to expect while you heal.
To make life easier for you I have created some educational videos on microblading and permanent cosmetics FAQ’s. Check out my youtube channel. You can watch my short educational video series on all things permanent makeup.
Out of town guests
For out of town guests our closest airport is YLW the Kelowna International airport, which is located between Kelowna and Lake Country only 35 minutes south of the studio!